The Test Press is a laboratory press of print testing. When used with specific test procedures the Test Press enables NPA to measure the compatibility of papers, inks, blankets, coatings, and fountain solutions. This testing system is superior to the Prufbau, IGT, Little Joe, and Vandercook. The operator can consistently control ink film thickness, percent solvent content of the inks being used and make direct comparisons of individual papers and boards.
- Printing cylinder and adjustable bed, operated by independent drive systems
- No ink applicator roller system, no spindles, no pipettes
- Prints wet-on-wet up to 4 ink colors
- Prints both sides of a sample for blistering and fiber rise in groundwood papers
- Computer controlled bed height adjustments = accurate printing pressures
- Single Print impressions or auto cycling
- Variable cycle delay times