Offset Blanket Testing
Offset blankets can very is many ways: Surface, Construction, and in theirInteraction with inks.
In a standard blanket evaluation, we look at the following:
- The SURFACE of the blanket
- Is it “cast”?
- Is it “buffed” and the degree to which it has been buffed?
- The thickness of the facing layer and its impact of dot fidelity
- The CONSTRUCTION of the blanket
- Is it convention or compressible?
- The characteristics of the compressible layer, size of cells
- The INK SETTING RATE of the surface
- How does this blanket interact with the inks being used?
- Dot gain potential
- Picking potential
- Other tack-related issues